Comments for What the National Insurance Crime Bureau Is

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Oct 18, 2014
My son is using my address get car insurance, but doesn't live with me
by: Christine Pearson

I'm really bothered about how an insurance company can allow a person to stay on your insurance when they don't live at your address. I don't have address where my son lives. The only reason why is that he continues to use my address on his driver's license. My insurance went high just because he is reckless driver. He will not change address on his license. I need to know what legal action can I take. I have no choice but to stay on my insurance paying very high premiums. My insurance could lapse due his bad driving record. Thanks

Our Reponse: Christine - if this is your insurance policy, and you do not want your son on your policy, just tell your agent (don't ask - tell) to remove your son from the policy. Better yet ... tell your agent to list him as an excluded driver.

You do not need a lawyer for that. There is no legal action needed. All you need to do is make a phone call to your agent, and then follow up with an an email so that your request is in writing.

Even if your son really does live with you, you are not obligated to include him on your policy. If you want him off your policy, tell your agent to take him off. You might have to sign a piece of paper stating that your son is excluded from your policy, but it really is that easy.

This reader question and response is approved for informational purposes and is not intended to take the place of competent, local legal counsel.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Invitation 1 - All-purpose.

Return to What the National Insurance Crime Bureau Is.